There are several wars that have been fought in between many nations and countries but the 2 world wars are considered to be the most devastating and sorrowful. Following the First World War, to maintain peace and hope that it is never severed again, the people distinguished the date, which is 11th of November as Veterans Day (formerly Armistice Day).
See More: Veterans Day Parade
Veterans Day in USA
Veterans Day is the day that is commemorated to honor the military veterans who served in the USAF (The United States Armed Forces) and thereby marks the anniversary of the end of the First World War. It was observed in the United States as the Armistice Day but was later changed to Veterans Day in the year 1954.
See More: Veterans Day Cards
Every single year since then, the 11th of November is marked as the Veterans Day and people honor and remember the veterans, people, and the soldiers who fought hard and lost their lives to save their fellow countrymen. The Veterans Day 2018 is also going to be celebrated on the 11th of November since the date remains unchanged every single year.
Veterans Day Memorial
On the Veterans Day, which is commemorated on 11th November, when the clock ticks 11:11 a.m., the rays of the sun pass through the ellipses of the five Armed Services pillars to form an impeccable solar spotlight on the mosaic of The Great Seal of the US.
The Anthem Veterans Memorial, situated in Anthem, Arizona, is a monument that has been dedicated to honoring the sacrifice and service of the USAF. The memorial was designed by the Anthem resident named Renee Palmer-Jones.
Veterans Day Facts Trivia
- Veterans Day was formerly known as the Armistice Day. It is similarly eminent by the title Remembrance Day in several nations such as the Commonwealth of Nations. It is moreover perceived by the name Anzac Day in a number of nations. All of them are commemorated on the 11th of November.
- The Armistice Day celebration began following the conclusion of the First World War to honor the veterans who deceased in the combat. But afterward, the war veteran Raymond Weeks proposed that the day is notable not merely for veterans who perished in the First World War but for every single veteran who are presently providing their services to the US Army. Therefore, on the 26th of May, 1954, the day was legitimately retitled as Veterans Day.
- Do you distinguish the fact that Veterans Day and the anniversary of the United States Marine Corps (November 10, 1775) are only one day away from each other? US Armed forces perceive both these days as a 96-hour stretched liberty phase.
- There might not be many people knowing this fact but Veterans Day was not constantly distinguished on the 11th of November. In 1971, Veterans Day started to be perceived on the 4th Monday in the month of October. But that shaped a lot of mix-ups. Thus, it was taken back to 11th November festivity pattern in 1978.
- Through the retitling of the Armistice Day as Veterans Day, a National Veterans Award was moreover announced. The primary National Veterans Award was presented to the Congressman Ed Rees of Kansas who got the honor for his involvement in the direction of making Veterans Day a national holiday.
Veterans Day Quotes
- There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, which makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism. Alexander Hamilton
- The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. Douglas MacArthur
- On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free. Dan Lipinski
- Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death. Sun Tzu
- America’s Veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world. John Doolittle